Power will not turn on for my two year old Acer One notebook.

Options
a1notebook
a1notebook Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Did the power reset sequence, still does not work. I have the AC / Recharge unit connected and push down the power button, the led yellow light on the front side blinks but nothing happens.

If the battery was dead would I be getting this type of response.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

As the yellow light on the front side is blinking, it seems that the battery is discharged. As the issue persists even after doing a Power Reset, you can try connecting your power adapter to a different power source and see if that works out. Also, as the battery is discharged, it is advised not to turn On the laptop as soon as you connect it to the power adapter. You may allow the battery to charge for around 20 minutes so that it can gain some power and then, try turning it On.

If the problem is not yet solved, you can try using a different power adapter (if possible) and see if that works. If it works fine, there may be some issues with the previous power adapter.

If the problem still persists, you can try removing the battery and then, connecting the laptop directly to the power adapter just to confirm if there are any issues with the battery. If it works fine without the battery, there may be some issues with the battery. To confirm this, you may also consider using a different battery (if possible) and see if that solves the issue.

If none of the above options work, you may need to contact your nearest Acer service center. To do this, the following link can be useful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact