Power issue with Acer Aspire E5-511

Options
authinsi
authinsi Member Posts: 7 New User

Seeking advice for my Acer Aspire, as today I found when I unplugged my charger when both lights were blue to identify my laptop as being fully charged, confirmed when I hovered the battery notification icon, so I did so, only for the laptop to switch off which I did not understand, seeing as it was 100%. When I turned back on, it had a critical battery error and ever since, have just been using with the charger in, even though it says 100% again. I have had this laptop since July, if that makes any difference, so looking for your opinion as to what the course may be. I checked on Amazon for a new battery which is for sale both for E5-511 and E5-511P and E5-511G, my laptop being E5-511-P0BM - in the description it does state a warranty for 6 months, which is why I'm asking if the problem is with the battery, or something else.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and answer my request.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

You wrote:

I have had this laptop since July" so your laptop is under warranty.

I suggest you to contact your Acer support by tchat or by email.

France
  • Forever
    Forever Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hey, from personal experience I have an answers for you :smileyhappy:

Empty the battery until the laptop won't start, push the power button until the laptop won't have energy :smileyhappy: After that plug the charger and let it on for 12 hours (don't start the laptop), after that empty the battery again until the laptop won't start and after that charge it again for 12 hours (don't start the laptop).

Yes, the problem is clearly with the battery.