Please help me - I am going crazy with my brand new Asprie E1-572

Nice4What
Nice4What Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

OK.

I bought it in the UK 7 weeks ago. I now live in Turkey.

I had the laptop for 1 week before actually switching it on. I switched it on. Set it up. Customized it. Downloaed iTunes, VLC and chrome. All what I prefer. I didn't have time to do anything else as I was moving to Turkey days later. I removed all the ridiculous and unneccesary bloatware that Acer thinks is OK to have on their laptops (people hate it, Acer).

I moved to Turkey. I have no internet at home and I had major issues with the laptop after 1 week of very light use (by this I mean i used it maybe twice).

I use it for Word and streaming movies off an ext HD.

It began freezing and crashing all the time. I was confused because it is and was new. It crashed so much that when I hard reset it it wouldnt even switch on after the intro screen. I got a lovely all black screen after it started up.

I took the drastic measure of factory resetting it (first thing I have EVER factory restored in ym life - gooooo Acer!!). I then took it to a cafe and got wifi to get updates on it as I was advised by a IT savvy pal.

It has worked fine for a few weeks until last night. I got this

Video 

It crashed unexpectedly (or i should say expectedly). I rebooted. The screen would then black out unless I clicked the mouse. The intro scren was fine but I couldnt log on. But it flashed up for a split second when I clicked the mouse. This went on for 2 reboots (see the video above). By this stage I would love to get money back.

I brought it to the same cafe where I sit now. I tried updating the updates but they dont work. I tried restarting and got the "Preparing to configure screen" which times out and goes black. Nothing happens after 30mins. I had to hard reboot (about the 18th time).

I got it online. I hate explorer (why do Windows even bother?) so I tried to download chrome. It gets 1/4 of the way then freezes. This happend 3 times. I tried rebooting. Got the "Preparing to configure screen" again until it timed out.

I sit in this cafe in Turkey wondering why. Why is this laptop so bad?

I am not lying when I say I havent downloaded anything illegal (I do get my music illegaly on occasion but not even got that far with this laptop).

Why is this happening?

I have never ever had issues with my 2 previous laptops.

I am so disgusted and unhappy with this product. I would love a refund and have already advised all my friends and social neda sites to not buy the product.

Can anyone shed light on why this happens?

Is it because I dont use it online and in turn itn cant update? I would wee myself in laughter if so as that would be ridiculous.

Please help

Answers