Please can anyone offer any advice on fixing a flaky Aspire 5738G keyboard? No numbers!

Options
Gwyn
Gwyn Member Posts: 2 New User

The keyboard on my ASpire 5738 won't recognise any numbers, the caps lock keeps going in reverse and it suddenly goes into highligh mode resulting in deleted texts (and emails) when I am checking my messages. It also will no longer type full stops. I have plugged in an old usb keyboard to type this! Any suggestions? The Device manager says the mouse and keyboard are both fine!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

As in a previous post today on a similar model, a ribbon cable connector located under the keyboard to the motherboard probably needs to be re-seated a few times to clean its contacts. If you google your model with keywords "remove keyboard" "disassembly" and "youtube", you'll find videos on how to do this.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

As in a previous post today on a similar model, a ribbon cable connector located under the keyboard to the motherboard probably needs to be re-seated a few times to clean its contacts. If you google your model with keywords "remove keyboard" "disassembly" and "youtube", you'll find videos on how to do this.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gwyn
    Gwyn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Many thanks. I will have a go at the suggested solution. Regards