Piriform Speccy, temperature reading for motherboard

Options
kjireton
kjireton Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi,

I own an Aspire One 725-0687, upgraded to max out the memory. It is two years old and has not given me any trouble.

Someone (not here)  recommended using the Speccy program to monitor the temperature of our laptops, etc...

So, it seems to work fine.

There is a topic heading: Motherboard, Acer ZA10_BZ (Socket FT1) -- then it lists the temp. in Celcius.

Mostly, mine seems to vary between 73 and 83 degrees C.

My only concern is the presentation of the temperature. In the 70 to 79 range, Speccy represents the temp in orange type. At 80 and above it represents it in RED type. I suppose this is meant to indicate a dangerous temperature range.

As i recall from reading the service manual, the safe operating temp was somewhat higher than that, but I was just curious as to whether I should be concerned about 80+ temps at this socket.

My computer is fairly dust and hair free inside and the fan is working, so again I'm not unduly concerned -- but should I be??????

Thank you, kevin

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Your temps are fine. No reason for concern.

• kjireton
    kjireton Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

So, what temp. would it have to show before I should start worrying?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If it goes up over 90c you could possibly be starting to have a problem.

Modern CPUs have protection built in. If your laptop overheats to an unacceptable level the laptop will shut itself down before it can be damaged.Some laptops are known to run in the 90 to 100c under stress without problem. Keep your air intakes and fan blown out and you should be fine.