Picture, but no sound through HDMI output

Options
namejs007
namejs007 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello! I'm writing to get some help with my issue. Anyways I wanted to stream some videos from VIMEO on my Toshiba TV from my Acer laptop, but to my surprise when I plugged in the HDMI cable it only showed the picture and the audio was from the laptop. I already tried going to control panel-> sound->playback but the TV audio doesn't show up there. So, I guess it might be a driver problem. So, can anyone help me with find the right drivers?

Best Answer

• namejs007
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fixed my issue by downloading the latest Intel drivers from the intel website. Smiley Happy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

please post:

laptop model

OS installed

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Shinichy_Kudo
    Shinichy_Kudo Member Posts: 355 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello friend!

To place your TV as a sound output device default must do the following. Right click on the sound icon on the Windows desktop > Playback devices.

If your TV is already connected to the HDMI image should appear. Select the TV and you click the button "Set Default".

Save changes and check the sound en your TV.

As you did this configuration but does not work download sound drivers and chipset to work again.

Through the following link you can download the drivers.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

You just have to find the model of your product and the operating system installed.

Regards! Smiley Very Happy ^^

• namejs007
    Options

laptop model: Aspire E5-571G-56Q5

OS installed: Windows 8.1

• namejs007
    Options

Which driver should I download? The audio driver?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Nope, Intel VGA and nvidia VGA drivers:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5385;-;Aspire%20E5-571G

select 8.1 from OS and choose the correct Intel VGA driver, i don't know if your version is the Broadwell or not.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • namejs007
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fixed my issue by downloading the latest Intel drivers from the intel website. Smiley Happy

• polka101
    polka101 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

To resolve the same problem, i put the oldest version of intel sound for the screen and it s work!, so the problem is with intel driver.