Pathetic Acer Support

Options
mitvivek
mitvivek Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Just sharing my acer experience here.

I have bought Acer Aspire 5560G series laptop which had pre-loaded Windows 7 home basic.

Now i ran into problems as my system crashed and even the Acer rstore feature got corrupted.

Acer has pulled back his hands saying they cannot help me with the windows re-activation and I need to contact Windows microsoft.

Windows Microsoft clearly mentioned that since this is a pre-loaded image, I need to contact Acer.. and these guys are simply useless. One even went on saying that we never sell windows with our devices... Smiley Very Happy

anyone else facing such fantabulous Support from Acer?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>Acer rstore feature got corrupted.>>>

What restore method did you try? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mitvivek
    mitvivek Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Initially I was trying to reach Acer recovery drive, but since that too got corrupted I underwent OEM Support Center (Notebook hub via which I had purchased the Acer system) and got the windows re-installed. Obviously It was chargable.

Now my query to them was to help restore the backup/restore drive.

No solution was provided and even now, I am not sure how I can get that done.

Any ideas on how to recreate the lost recovery drive?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

OK. First, I gotta know if you followed this video exactly in trying to re-set your system to a factory-fresh Win7 state while saving your data?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ