No DVD drive after Windows 10 upgrade

Options
ODhill
ODhill Member Posts: 2 New User

After upgrading to Windows 10 my CD/DVD player has disappeared from device manager.  Nothing I do seems to work to find it including the option in the device manager to find hardware, reboots, etc.  How do I get it back?

Answers

• HrVr000
    HrVr000 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

"Update" SATA controller driver. W10 have some stock drivers that are causing that. do to acer download chipset drivers, just extract them as windows will not automaticly install them, go to device manager and find under ide ata atapi controllers stock driver, click on update driver, find driver under ide ata atapi controller , select Sata or ahci driver that is there, click update, go to find driver I'm not shure if it will work if you just point to folder where is extracted try if not working read fourder > update driver  on that point dont choose find in folder, choose i have desk or i will choose wich driver install and then i have desk. when little window pup up you need point to .inf file of driver, just go to directory where driver is extracted and he will automaticly show you that configuration .inf select that and click ok, then he will show you just one driver and select that and ok, if he promps you to  don't install/install driver bla bla bla just install it and reboot. same for amd and intel(off course for intel, intel chipset drivers)
    if lastest chipset driver not working find one from 12.... 13 . version of catalyst they have chipset drivers inclouded, but dont install that 12. 13. version driver for gpu just extract it and follow procedure for updating just sata driver

Cheers,
        HrVr000

• ODhill
    ODhill Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Totally lost me at the "go to find driver" point.  I only have for options and the closest is to update driver.  Tried that and it's also limited.  Is it possible that there's no hope for Windows 10 on a 4810T?  Windows said it was compatible but Acer is pretty silent on it.

• HrVr000
    HrVr000 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Uh, Ok Download this driver pack and install it, run it like administrator, hopefully it will work easy way
    http://www.driverscape.com/files/misc/INF_allOS_9.4.0.1027.exe

for manual driver instalation see>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyKrxxXOvQY

but for now just try instaling drivers as admin....