New aspire v3-572 Windows 8.1 blackscreen with cursor

Options
DArkAnaemicI
DArkAnaemicI Member Posts: 1 New User

After logging in I get stuck in  a black screen with cursor. Have tried shift or control with  f8 and f12 to get out of this with no success. Understand I may have to reinstall video driver or BIOS?

If I leave laptop on all day it is working by the time I get home from work.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

This issue has been reported for recently released windows update from Microsoft.

I hope this will help you fix this specific issue .

On your Desktop Screen Press "Ctrl + Shift + Escape" to bring up "Task Manager".
    Go to "File" choose "Run New Task" then "Create New Task" window will pop-up, Type in "msconfig" and put a Check Mark on Administrative Privileges in "Create New Task" window then hit "Okay".
    "System Configuration" window will pop-up, go to the "Boot" tab. Under Boot Options put a Check Markon "Safe Boot" hit "Apply" "Okay" and "Restart". Your computer will restart and after you log-in you will notice that you are now in SAFE MODE.

On SAFE MODE, go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > View Installed Updates.

Look for the "Update for Microsoft Windows" & "Security Update for Microsoft Windows" that has the install date of August 2014 then Uninstall them ONE-BY-ONE. (Make sure to uninstall only the said update file name and addition, every time you uninstall one file it will prompt you to restart the computer. Just choose "Restart Later").

After Uninstalling all those Updates from your computer, go back to the "Task Manager", refer to the instructions above but this time remove the Check Mark on Safe Boot, then hit Apply, Okay and Restart Later.

Now, go back to "Control Panel", then open "Recovery" and choose Open System Restore.

On System Restore window hit Next, choose a Restore Point (choose the date which has the last known good configuration) and hit Next. then FINISH.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Here's another option if you are not worried about data on your computer. The reset option will completely reload your computer to factory settings.
    From the windows login screen, click the power icon in the lower right corner of the screen
    While holding Shift, click Restart.
    Click Troubleshoot, you may select reset or refresh.
    If you will to go to safe mode you may select Troubleshoot> advanced options.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.