New Acer battery not accepted by Aspire 7740G

Options
dolliv
dolliv Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello

I have a question regarding battery replacement in an Aspire 7740G-334G32MN Azerty: I've bought an original Acer battery from replicedirect.be. I've received the battery, placed it and now the battery light keeps blinking red and in Windows 7, it shows 'No battery found'. My 'original' battery is almost completely dead after 4 years of usage.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this? BIOS version has been updated to 1.27, all drivers are up-to-date.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

It sounds like the battery they sent is not a good battery.

• dolliv
    Options

I thought that too, but I've ordered one from a different supplier, but the same thing happened... It is weird that it happens to two different batteries from two different suppliers...

• philetus
    Options

Does your old battery still work and does it also do the same thing?

• dolliv
    Options

It doesn't happen when I insert my old battery, then the battery light is blue as it should be and shows that the battery is charging, but needs replacement...

• philetus
    Options

Then it sounds like both the new batteries you got are defective.If it works normally with the old battery and abnormal with the new ones, there is something going on with the compatability of the new batteries.

• dolliv
    Options

I wonder how: both products should be compatible with my laptop. I've send one back, still waiting for a reply of them. Should I try a non-Acer compatible battery instead?

• philetus
    Options

Is the battery from the ReplaceDirectlink (#AS07B31) the exact one you recieved? Does the voltage of the new battery exactly match your old battery? Is your old battery 11.1 volts?

• philetus
    Options

This person used replacement battery for a year with no problems except laptop said it couldn't find it.

http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/70913-35-acer-battery-compatibility

• dolliv
    Options

That's the exact one I got (#AS07B31), my old battery has #AS07B41 as a serial. The voltage of the new battery is 10.8, while the old one is 11.1 Could this be the problem?

I've seen that the replacement batteries for the 4400mAh version are almost all 10.8V, the ones with a higher capacity are 11.1V (see here).

• philetus
    Options

I wouldn't think .3 volts would make a difference.There is something different between the original battery and the new batteries. I have a friend's  Dell Inspireon 6000 that the battery icon was flashing red. He was using a aftermarket power supply that the voltage and connector are compatable.When I put the cursor over the battery icon a message showed saying your power adapter isn't a Dell and can't be garanteed to charge correctly. As soon as I connected a Dell charger it went to normal charging. 

• dolliv
    Options

My thought exactly... I'm wondering what is different, because other people haven't had that problem as I can see from the reviews...

I'm using the original charger, but I know that Dell uses some kind of chip in their batteries and charger so that only those can be used successfully (don't know if it is still the case though).

However, even if I don't connect the power supply to my laptop and just insert the battery, the battery indicator starts flashing.. I love this notebook, but finding a replacement battery that works is just ridiculously hard...