Brad2 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Need a password for my Acer 5732Z

Best Answer

• Brad2
    Answer ✓
    Options

Found help... Simple fix. unlug and remove laptop battery. Remove CMOS battery (access door) . Hold power button one minute. Reinstal CMOS battery, laptop battery, and plug in. Restore power and boot to bios. Brad  

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options

For the BIOS, for Windows or for some other program or function? Which Windows version do you have? When did you purchase it? Was it an Acer dealer? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Brad2
    Options

My boot bios is asking for  password and I have no idea what it woukd be

My boot bios is asking for a password and I have no idea what it woukd be. Help !!  

• JackE
    Options

Which Windows version do you have? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brad2
    Options

Recently forced to W10 and waited tooio long to system restore and can not go back

• JackE
    Options

>>>Recently forced to W10 and waited too long to system restore >>>

What do you mean by "forced"? How was  Win10 installed? Was it a trial version or NOT. When did the BIOS start asking for a password? Before or after the Win10 installation? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brad2
    Options

It was my wife's laptop and I did not know she had installed the W10 trial, until it was too late to revert. I never have had an issue with this laptop and never needed to enter the bios until I wanted to repair some issues we were having. I assume the password was there since we purchased the laptop in 2012

• Brad2
    Options

I have tried Acer...Acer1..Acer12..CMOS...Admin..password and many others and it looks at me like I am an idiat.. Perhaps I should take the hint.  lol  

• JackE
    Options

OK. I now need to know if *** on cold booting*** the password is asked before or after the Acer logo splash screen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brad2
    Options

Both

• JackE
    Options

>>>Both>>>

OK. Exactly how is the 1st password question phrased just before the Acer logo appears? And exactly how is the 2nd password question phrased just after the Acer logo appears? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brad2
    Answer ✓
    Options

Found help... Simple fix. unlug and remove laptop battery. Remove CMOS battery (access door) . Hold power button one minute. Reinstal CMOS battery, laptop battery, and plug in. Restore power and boot to bios. Brad  

• Brad2
    Options

Simple fix... Turn off power and remove laptop battery.  Remove hard drive access door and remove CMOS battery. Hold power button down for one minute. Put the CMOS battery back into its fitting and do the same with laptop b attery. Restore power and boot to bios. Hold down F2 while booting.  Brad