Need a bluetooth driver for my Acer Aspire 5735-4624 running Windows 10

mjl1297
mjl1297 Member Posts: 5 New User

I recently upgraded my 5735 from vista to win 10 and I need to get the bluetooth running again. Many thanks.

Answers

• mjl1297

Not compatible with windows 10 apparently--won't install.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

What errors, warnings, etc do you see in device manager?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

• mjl1297

@Jack E it just tells me the Broadcom Bluetooth driver will not run in this OS when I try to install it. I have no alerts whatsoever in Device Manager since no BT driver is installed.

@Phil-3 bearing the truth of all that you said in mind, it would be nice if Acer got on the stick and provided an updated driver!

It isn't mission critical at the moment though--it would just be nice to have it working.

@elkino2003 thanks for your suggestions but that last link really looks dodgy to me! :-)

• JackE

If you haven't done so already, you should try either the 32 or 64 bit Win10/8 drivers dated  4/18/2016 directly from the broadcom bluetooth support download site. Google broadcom bluetooth downloads.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Sometimes I need to run programs in compatability more for an earlier version. Right click on the program ikon, select Properties then Compatibility.

• JackE

Unfortunately I doubt there's an icon to right click on in this particular case.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mjl1297

@Jack E thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a go and post back with an update.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Open file explorer to the proper directory (Downloads ?). Right click on the .exe . Select properties then compatibility.

• JackE

>>>Not compatible with windows 10 apparently--won't install.>>>

Oh, OK. I see what Padgett wants you to try. Right click on the downloaded file that isn't compatible with Win10 and try to run it in WinVista compatibility mode to see what happens.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ