My pages are slow loading and videos start and stop..........How can I fix this?

muddin4fun
muddin4fun Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

It seems to be a cursor jumping issue while typing.

Go to: Start>Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options
    Click on Pointer Options Tab,  un-Check: "Hide Pointer While Typing" check box.
    Click: "Apply", Click: "OK"

Answers

• muddin4fun

I am running windows 7 professional

• muddin4fun

I have an Aspire 5773Z - 4851

Also when I am typing and look up it is typing in the middle of my sentence, also would like to know how to fix this.  Thanks to any help anyone can provide.

• Sharanji

hi..

You may check by resetting your browser.

If you are using internet explorer, to reset Internet Explorer Settings to default, open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Click Reset > Close >OK. Once this is done restart Internet Explorer. 

When you click on the Reset Internet Explorer button, the following will happen:

1. Toolbars and add-ons get disabled
    2. Web browser settings revert to default
    3. Privacy & Security settings are changed back to their default values
    4. Tab browser, pop-up settings and advanced options are reverted back to default values.

If you select the Delete personal settings, then additional settings like home page, search providers, accelerators, etc are all set to default. Moreover Cache, Cookies, Passwords, We form data, History, ActiveX filtering, Tracking Protection data, etc files are also deleted.

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓

It seems to be a cursor jumping issue while typing.

Go to: Start>Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options
    Click on Pointer Options Tab,  un-Check: "Hide Pointer While Typing" check box.
    Click: "Apply", Click: "OK"

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Also check for virus infection with Malwarebytes, get some help from online security experts.

First, go to cmd with Admin rights( open by right clicking and select "Run as Admin")

type:

ipconfig /flushdns

see whether it resolves the problem.

• muddin4fun

I reformatted about a week ago and went from windows 7 home edition to windows professional and it's been doing it since, I don't have any viruses I was thinking more of needing to set settings or download drivers or something, I had to download alot of drivers cause I lost EVERYTHING.  I appreciate you trying to help but it's not a virus, ran security.  Thanks!  Any other ideas?

• muddin4fun

ipconfig /flushdns will not open, flickers and dosen't come up for me, I tried several times..............anything else I can try?  Thanks.

• muddin4fun

I am running Google Chrome, can you please tell me how to reset this browser?  Thank you.

• muddin4fun

Thank you I went in and unchecked the box, I will let you know if it worked later when I start typing alot.  Hopefully it works Smiley Happy

• muddin4fun

I got it to work, I will let you know if it fixes it, thank you Smiley Very Happy

• Sharanji

hi..

here's the steps to  reset Google Chrome.

Click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three horizontal lines ([Image: Chrome's main menu button]) .When the drop-down menu appears, select the option labeled Settings.

Chrome’s Settings should now be displayed in a new tab or window, depending on your configuration. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Show advanced settings link

Chrome’s advanced Settings should now be displayed. Scroll down until the Reset browser settings section is visible, as shown in the example below. Next, click on the Reset browser settings button

A confirmation dialog should now be displayed, detailing the components that will be restored to their default state should you continue on with the reset process. To complete the restoration process, click on the Reset button.