My Windows 8.1 Acer Aspire AO756 doesn't start except for the fan and the screen is black.

Options
esp
esp Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My Windows 8.1 Acer Aspire AO756 turns on with fan running, but the screen is black.

How can I get it to boot up?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,094 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Have you tried to connect your laptop to an external monitor or LCD TV in using VGA connector?

Note: [Fn]+[F5] --> Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

France
  • esp
    Options

Thanks for your response!

Yes, I tried an external monitor and still a black screen.

Also tried turning on an off a few times.

There is a blue light at power button and 2 blue lights at front of notebook

I have an Acer A0756 manual and under "No Display Issues No Post or Video I've tried from number 1 to 10  with still no video.  See Manual page pasted below.  

What do you suggest now?

Figure 4:2. No Display Issues
    No POST or Video
    If the POST or video does not appear, perform the following:
    1. Make sure that internal display is selected. Switching between internal and external by
    pressing Fn+F5. Reference Product pages for specific model procedures.
    2. Make sure the computer has power by checking for one of the following:
    • Fans start up
    • Status LEDs illuminate
    3. If there is no power, refer to Power On Issues on page 4-3. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
    4. If there is power, drain the stored power by removing the power cable. Hold the power button for 10 seconds.
    5. Connect the power and reboot the computer.
    6. Connect an external monitor to the computer and switch between the internal display and the external display is by pressing Fn+F5.
    7. If the POST or video appears on the external display only, refer to LCD Picture Failure on
    page 4-6. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
    8. Disconnect the power and all external devices including port replicators or docking stations.
    9. Remove any memory cards and CD/DVD discs.
    10. Start the computer. If the computer boots correctly, add the devices one by one until the failure point is discovered.

4-5 Troubleshooting
    11. Reseat the memory modules.
    12. Remove the drives (refer to Maintenance Flowchart on page 5-4).
    11. Reseat the memory modules.
    12. Remove the drives (refer to Maintenance Flowchart on page 5-4).
    13. If the issue is still not resolved, refer to Online Support Information on page 8-2.

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Based on your post, I Understand the issue is either with the Processor or the RAM, either ways you'll get Beep codes to confirm the same,. do you get any beep whenyou start the unit, anything other than a 1 short beep is not a good sign, & also the best suggested is to contact support
  • esp
    Options

No, I don't get a beep when I turn on the computer.  The only sound is the fan running.  There is a beep when I plug in the charger or unplug it.  I also have some written instructions on how to check a couple of things inside the laptop.  The warranty is expired, so if it's still dead, I'll have a local tech person look at it. 

Thanks for your response!