My Aspire one 753 is not connecting to the WIFI after using recovery manager.

Options
jezz2000
jezz2000 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

After using the inbuild recovery manager on my Aspire one 753 my laptop will not conect to Wireless internet. I think the problem has somthing to do with drivers but i am not sure. need help asap 

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Go to Device Manager/Network Adapters and see if it doesn't show the Wifi, but shows "other Device" with a yellow question or exclaimation mark. If it does, download the driver from http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and install it.

• jezz2000
    Options

There are two drivers what one do I use? 

• philetus
    Options

Windows search, type System Information, click on it in results, Components/Network/Adapter. Scroll down until you find Wifi Adapter and that will be the driver.

• jezz2000
    Options

It is not coming up there but in the device manager it is under other devices and is called network adapter. code (28) . there is no driver selected fo the device information set or element 

• philetus
    Options

Try the Atheros first and if if doesn't work, uninstall it and check delete software. Then try the Broadcom.

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver9.0.0.17323.4 MB2010/06/23Download
    Wireless LANBroadcomWireless LAN Driver5.100.235.1930.6 MB2014/07/22Download
  • jezz2000
    Options

Neither the broadcom or atheros dirvers are installing when i use there installers. What can I do? 

• philetus
    Options

Try Device Manager/Network Adapters double click on the wifi and choose Details/Hardware ids. Copy the second ID down and put it in search.

You Wifi card is recognized by the computer? Right?

• jezz2000
    Options

It is recogniseing not recogniseing the device but it is coming up in the device manager under the unknow section 

• philetus
    Options

I see from looking around that the Aspire one Wireless card is finicky.I also see where lots of them are replacing it with a Intel 4965AGN wireless module.

I also found "All models ship with a built-in wireless switch on the front, lower right panel of the netbook. The wireless switch makes it easy to reset the built-in wireless antenna.
    Look close at it and see if it's enabled, turn it off and back on. Did you do the Recovery because of the Wifi? Was it working good before?

Did the Recovery go OK or were there any Warnings or snags?

• jezz2000
    Options

My wifi was working perfectly before the restore and then stopped working after the restore. I did the restore to get rid of my data and start fresh for next years school yeat.

• jezz2000
    Options

My laptop does not have a switch. it worked perfectly before the restore and stoped working all of a sudden. i rest it to start again for school next year.

• jezz2000
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was using the live usb of ubuntu when i found that my network card was acutally an Intel wifi card. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24217&lang=eng&ProdId=3316. Thank you so much for your support on the issue