My Aspire 5732z integrated mic isn't working. All I can find is that is says the mic is unplugged?

Options
MBD
MBD Member Posts: 3 New User

I guess the first thing is, do I even have an integrated mic? My other Acer did, so I figured this one did being as it has the webcam. If it does, why is it not working? No, this is not a new laptop still under warranty. Previous owner is unreachable to ask. I have redownloaded realtek driver and still all it comes up with when I check out the devices is that the mic is uplugged? I am soooo confused. I LOVE my Acer, but am not feeling the love back at the moment. Any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you checked device mgr for any hardware warnings or errors yet?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MBD
    Options

Jack- No error messages, no nothing. Everything says it is working properly. I was just told on another site that the Aspire 5732z doesn't come with an integrated/onboard (whatever) mic & I'll have to buy an external mic. Smiley Sad  Do you (or anyone else know if that is true or not?

• JackE
    Options

As far as I can tell, some were and some weren't equipped internally.

So go to control panel.

Check to see if you have an Acer Audio Mgr. If you do, see if there are submenus or tabs for internal  microphone enabling/disabling.

If not, you probably don't have an internal.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MBD
    Options

Thank you Jack. Sadly, I'm off to ebay to buy an external mic. Geez... you'd think this stuff would be standard if there is a webcam.

• JackE
    Options

Yeah, agreed. But at least you got a mic jack. 8^)

BTW, ordinary headphone buds can sometimes be used as mics. Just plug them into the mic jack and  speak into them. Some of them produce pretty decent quality sound.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ