My Acer aspire one happy 2 not power on but charging ok after cleaning with colin.

Options
duedu
duedu Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Yesterday I was cleaning my lapi keyword with colin and by mistake some amount of colin went into the motherboard.I dry it and press the power button, it worked for 15 to 20 mins after that shut down.I tried to on it but no luck.please suggest me solution for this problem.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,619 Trailblazer
    Options

I would guess that the mainboard still has some residual non-ionic colorants & anti-streaking surfactants adhering to exposed solder and conductor surfaces that needs to be removed. I don't think any permanent damage has been done.

I suggest that you put rubbing alcohol in a clean empty Colin sprayer. Then thoroughly spray clean both sides of the mainboard with rubbing alcohol. Be careful not to spray near an ignition source since rubbing alcohol is flammable. Then wipe excess alcohol with a towel. Let air dry for a few minutes. Then bake the mainboard for about 15 mins in a slightly warm oven or toaster oven set to less than 100*C.

Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ