My Acer Travel Mate 4060,Ram upgraded to 2GB windows 7 Home sp1- 32 bit

Options
DharmaSD
DharmaSD Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I am unable to open in safe mode or normalmode. .DVD/CD drive is not functioning. When I start while tapping F8 windows repair opens. No restore points available to restore to an earlier date. I tried to open with a USB stick provided by my internet

provider and I get a message, "Your computer does not have a wireless Net working Adapter and cannot connect to Internet.My forst problem is to purchase a compatible wireless net working USB adapter to connect the Internet. Second problem to purchase a COMPATIBLE External DVD/CD player to clean install windows to factory default.  I welcame constructive suggestions form my respected Acer community. Thank you DharmaSD

Best Answer

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you running Acer's version of Windows? May want to try getting Acer recovery discs and using external CD drive to load them. If you are having problems after that, your computer may have a hardware problem and need repair.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you running Acer's version of Windows? May want to try getting Acer recovery discs and using external CD drive to load them. If you are having problems after that, your computer may have a hardware problem and need repair.

• DharmaSD
    DharmaSD Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

my system files intergrity check and repair failed error 0x490  ROOT CAUSE unspecified changes t system might have caused the problem

Start up repairs cannot repair automatically due

1. problem signature 01     - 6.1.7600.16385

2.                             02 -     6.1/7600.16385

03       unknown

04       21200298

05       manual repairs

06      2

07       No Boot failure

O.S.Version                       6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Local ID                               1033