My Acer Aspire flashes a orange light and wont come on

Options
Ta2Freak
Ta2Freak Member Posts: 1 New User

At first the power light was blue, and when I plugged it in the light around the power cord would light up, now its not doing that, and when I press the power button a little orange light flashes at the bottom for a few seconds and that is it. I bought this in a really big hurry, because I do school online. I do own and Alienware, and it was having network problems. So I found a guy who had this computer, and he turn it on for me, the power light was blue, he told me that it hadnt been plugged in in a while. He gave me a 90 day warranty, along with the charger. I brought it home set it on the desk and plugged it in. Left it on the charger for about 9 hours. Pressed the power button, a little orange light flashes at the bottom for a few seconds and thats it. My question is, is this savable? It could be a battery or it could be the charger. Those parts are not expensive, and I know a friend who could really use a laptop. Or should I sell it for parts

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Ta2Freak,

If the light comes on for the charged then it is not an AC adapter issue. If you have a good Ac adapter, then it should power on even if your battery is bad. I think it sounds more like a hardware issue or a poor DC jack. It can be repaired and if you are interested, contact technical support in your region for further assistance.