My Acer Aspire 5741G-3652 keeps shutting down while I am using it. I have no idea what is wrong.

Options
timdooling
timdooling Member Posts: 2 New User

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

it only shutdown or give you blue screens or errors?

if it only shutdown, can be overheat on CPU, graphic card.

i suggest you to check if any dust is on fan compartement, you can use some gas duster.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • timdooling
    timdooling Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the effort, but it solved nothing.  The dust clean-up, which was a small amount was done before this.  The heat does not sem to be abnormal.

It just shuts down, no blue sky, and no particular pattern to how or when or why it shuts down.

Does anyone else have any ideas?  Tim

• LeatherMcWhip
    LeatherMcWhip Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the exact same problem, came here to post it. I have an Aspire V3-572PG. The problem occurs only when I'm on battery power. I'll begin working with a full charge, and then an hour or two in (with a large percentage of of the charge still left) the computer just shuts down, right in the middle of work. Maddening.

I found this old thread and am wondering if it's still relevant ... teh screws on my machine are slightly different, but I'm wondering if tightening them will change aything. If this IS the culprit, I'm disillusioned with Acer, to say the least, that it hasn't been fixed yet. Here's the old thread:

http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Acer-Aspire-S7-391-9413-keeps-shutting-down-randomly-while-under/td-p/29879/page/4

Would love to hear someone's thoughts on this. It's an absolute waste of a machine not to be able to work on battery power!