My Acer Aspire 4752G do restart instead of Shutdown

venztot
venztot Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Can anyone help me.. i cannot turn off my acer laptop since windows 8.1 update.. whenever i do shutdown, it simply just restart after shutting down.. i dont know how to turn off my laptop.. also sleep and hibernate seems not functioning, in a couple of seconds it awakes again..

i tried the every thing about the power management to untick something about fast startup.. still no luck

and i forced to shutdown my laptop during startup but it cause me a problem.. It wont power on.. and it seems dead but when i plug the power adapter the battery is charging but no signs of powering up(no power led, just battery led) whenever i press the power button.. i tried dispersing the static electricty but no luck.. the only option that solve my problem on not powering up is to disassemble my laptop and remove cmos battery. then i assembled it back.. it shows 1 blink of power led whenever i plug in the ac adapter without the laptop battery plugin.. and then it powers up again after i press the power button.. what a relief.. but it doesnt fix my shutdown problem..

the only thing i havent tried is BIOS update.. but im having problem right now..

i tried last year to update my BIOS after that it went wrong the black "screen of death" they call.. so i sent my laptop to service center.. and it fixed!..

I tried lately to update my BIOS but it says that i have already an updated BIOS version 2.19.. i guess this is the bios version installed by service center.. how can i apply the BIOS posted on ACER website with the latest version 2.15?

If i want to turn off my laptop, i simply close the lcd monitor to remain it in sleep mode..

please guide me how to fix my laptop

Answers

• venztot

Please i need an assisstance... help is very much appreciated

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

from the Metro menu, type cmd

click on Command prompt

when it open, type this

shutdown /s /t 0

press enter

let me know it system shutdown completly or still reboot itself.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • venztot

Thank you for your reply.. i tried the command.. it does shut down my laptop but the problem is the same.. restart again..

and also i really wanna try updating my bios but im afraid..

theres a lot of instructions i've found to flash bios..

I already created a bootable usb drive and put all the files from dos folder of downloaded zip file

the only problem is how to flash i saw a flash.bat along with the files..

here are the details of the BIOS_Acer_2.15_A_A folder

under DOS folder:

ACERACDC.EXE, Efildr16, Flash.BAT, JE40215.ROM, JE40215.WPH, Pflash.exe, ReadMe.txt

• venztot

BIOS_Acer_2.15_A_A is the latest BIOS of my ACER 4752G under Windows 8 64 Operating System

• IronFly

You can flash from your OS without having to create a DOS bootable media.

yes 2.15 seems the newest.

• venztot

After completly flashing BIOS,i have this powering up problem.. i guess its breaked again.. same as before.. i thought it was the latest BIOS and compatible with my Acer Aspire 4752g.. but my system just powered up fan spins and hdd led blink once and nothing more.. after flashing i just leave it restart it self then.. after that just power and nothing..

and this i think the same problem of shutdown and restart is still exist.. In order for me to power on my laptop i need to remove the cmos battery and laptop battery just ac adapter.. then ill just keep on pressing power button for it to power on..

i guess i have more trouble now than before..

why is this happening to acer.. just updating my windows 8.1 it cause me a lot of trouble.. from not shuting down that automatically restarts.. then this black screen..

• IronFly

let's try this:

disable fast boot on windows 8.1

press windows key logo + X

click on Power Options

on the left side, click on "choose what the power buttons do"

click on "change settings that are not currently available"

untick "turn on fast start-up"

click on "save changes"

reboot and check if this fix your cold boot problem, not the shutdown/restart

• venztot
    Thank you Sir for ur reply.. as of the moment after flashing hoping it would fix.. i cannot use my laptop now.. why would acer put bios update that would brick the laptop.. i just followed the instruction given to update bios in dos.. the update was successful but then nothing.. my hope has gone..
    any acer representative would please make some comment inorder for us to fix our problem.. i already put the bios files and also try crisis. and press combo keys.. still nothing..
    how can i recommend acer products if this problems are common to acer..
  • venztot
    This is my first laptop and also the fruit of my hard work.. i can't afford to buy a new one or buy a new motherboard.. So please from Acer Company..