My ACER AO756 laptop, processor Celeron 887 1.50 GHz, doesn't start up .

Options
Algon
Algon Member Posts: 4 New User

My Acer AO 756, processor Celeron 887, 1.50 GHz, doesn't start up Windows 8.1. After the ACER logo appears the screen goes grey and after seconds becomes black, after which the whole process starts again, over and over. So it looks like the start up is trapped in a loop, from where start up is blocked. I can get into the bios-section with F2. And set bootpriority to USB. With a bootable USB-stick plugged in this did not solve the problem, although you can see by the flickering of the USB-stick that the system makes contact with it.

Windows suggested a bootable DVD recovery, but this laptop doesn't have a DVD; and after that they advised me to contact  Acer support, which could not help me out either, besides let them repair it.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery?

check on BIOS if D2D support is enabled if it's not working.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Algon
    Options

ALT+F10 does not work. In the bootsection D2D recovery is enabled and does not seem to have any effect.

• IronFly
    Options

the HDD LED blinks during boot?

is the HDD listed on BIOS (model and serial number)?

can you please report the installed BIOS version?

how did you create the USB bootable media?

• Algon
    Options

The HDD led is not blinking (when set to boot priority 1). However, when USB is set to boot priority 1, the USB-stick is clearly blinking. 

The HDD is listed on BIOS:

model: Hitachi HTS545050A7E380

Ser.nr.: TAA51B3VOJ1OKT

Further spec.'s:

BIOS Version V2.15

GOP Version: Intel (R) GOP Driver [2.0.34.1-16]

Ser.nr.: NUSGZEH008***

With ISO-creator and an original Windows 7 DVD I created an ISO-file in a separate map on my desktop HDD. And with RUFUS (and this ISO-file) I created a bootable USB-stick. I 'm able to start Windows 7 from this USB-stick on my desktop pc.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• IronFly
    Options

Please EDIT the laptop serial number

enter BIOS, check if F12 boot menu is enabled, if not, enable it and then press F10 to save and exit.

with your USB windows installation media, boot pressing F12 and then choose the USB as bootable media; check if it's able to boot and install windows 7.

• Algon
    Options

At last I was able to boot with the USB-stick. But to do that i had to change the bios mode from UEFI to Lagacy boot. Windows 7 installation starts. But it cannot formast the chosen partition because it is in GPT partition and I'm not able to change that. Problem is probably that the original OEM version installed in the laptop is Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 cannot handle with that. So, if you have any idea to solve this problem I would be vary grateful.