Missing screws from bottom of Acer Aspire E1-532P-4819

jiljer732
jiljer732 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had an Acer Aspire E1-532P-4819 for about six months. I have only had two problems with it. The first is the frequency of screws falling out of the bottom of the laptop and getting lost. I am currently missing five screws from the bottom of the laptop, which I have to be extremely cautious with to prevent it opening in a way that it is not meant to open. I need to know what size screw to order for replacement. My second problem, which may or may not be related, is that the computer will randomly cut off, while almost fully charged, with no warning whatsoever. This does not happen when it is on the charger, but when it does happen, it won't turn back on until it is on the charger again. I don't want to try to replace parts for a diagnosis that I make myself, so if this sounds like a problem that you can resolve with an answer off of the top of your head, please let me hear it. If not, carrying the charger along with me when I have the laptop is not a big deal.

Thank you.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The cutting off on battery sounds like a bad battery.Turn off the laptop, unplug power and take out battery.Hold power switch for 30 seconds, release and plug in power. Turn on laptop and plug in battery.Charge. See if reported charge is different after you do this.

I'm pretty sure this is the right screw.

_M2.5x8.png ‏32 KB

• manu1
    manu1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem with falling out screws. Which screws did you buy?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Manuela

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]