Microsoft says go to manufacturer for Windows ISO

Options
juntjoo
juntjoo Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I'm trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop that it originally came with. I've since wiped the hard drive and installed Windows 10 and Linux so there isn't any recovery on there but when I punch in my Windows key they tell me to go to you guys, presumabley for correct drivers but I already know how to get those. Anyway, I don't see windows downloads here. Do I go back to Microsoft? Thanks

Best Answer

• juntjoo
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. "Page not found" but I got a MS rep to get me a copy with my key and I just got my needed drivers from here. Thanks anyway

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,695 Trailblazer
    Options

The easiest way is to order the erecovery media for your system from the Acer store at nominal cost. https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• juntjoo
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. "Page not found" but I got a MS rep to get me a copy with my key and I just got my needed drivers from here. Thanks anyway
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,695 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I got a MS rep to get me a copy with my key >>>

Really!? Congratulations! That's quite a feat! 8^) Jack E/NJ

PS Sorry about that page-not-found  link.  However, in the upper right hand corner of the not found link you'll see the erecovery button that should get you there if you ever need it. My experience with MS reps have usually been similar to what you described in your original post. 

Jack E/NJ