Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery device is causing Freeze

Options
lee92
lee92 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery device is causing my Aspire E5-551 to freeze. If I enable the device and I try to run my laptop on battery it freezes, but when it's disabled I can run on battery perfectly fine.

Now I don't mind having it disabled since it fixes the problem but when I disable it then I have no way of telling how much is left of my battery.

This is a brand new laptop, a little over a month old so I haven't done any damage to it. I sent it in to get fixed but when I received it back from the Acer repair center all they did was re-install windows which did actually fix the problem for about a week but the problem came back.

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

What is the Product model you have, & have you checked if there are any available BIOS Updates? & you could also uninstall the problematic Driver & restart the computer,. check & get back please,. Cheers
  • lee92
    lee92 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hy so the Laptop is Acer Aspire E5-551-81D2, Bios update is not available, I have unistaled all drivers of the battery but the result is the same :/ so when i disable ACPI the laptop is working fine but no battery percentage when i enable it the laptop frezes when the battery is in :/  Sory for bad english 

• gusarg81
    gusarg81 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I've just bought this laptop one month ago and the same happens, it get freeze when login in. At first I thought that was a Windows 8 problem (cause tested with Linux live pendrive and works perfectly, before testing to install). So, deleted Windows 8, installed in one partition Windows 7 and in another Linux (Kubuntu).

Like I Said no problem with Linux at all, but still the problem persist even with Windows 7.

What is the problem??? How to fix it???

Bye.

• Boby99
    Boby99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same issue on my E1-572P-6847. When disable, the sytem work's fine. But on battery, you have no idea when the system will die.  Any idea from ACER? Thanks.