Laptop shutting down around 5 mins into any games

Options
bradenm1
bradenm1 Member Posts: 5 New User

Laptop, model is "E1-531-B9604G50MNKS". Windows 8. I think thats the model, hell if I know.

Now I know what you are thinking, its a overheating issue, that's not true at all.

I have turned off this feature where it overheats and it auto shutdowns though power opitons, yet, it still does it. I have never see a laptop so cold have a overheating issue so I cannot be that, lets move on.

This laptop is about a year old? This is my mums laptop and I upgraded it to 8.1, re-installed directX which was such a pain (after I tried everything and become desprate ), tried other games, restored it to factor new conditon, did disk error scans, started the **bleep** laptop up though Safe mode, upgraded the drivers, updated every single thing, did deframents. I have really done everything possible even little things from making the game windowed or running Comptibility mode. There is nothing else I can do. I have changed power options, yes. There is no way to fix this peace of **bleep** laptop my mum wasted money on, even the trackpad freezes from time to time while the laptop remains working this lasts for a few seconds. This is the second product of Acer my mum has bought and its not going really well, both of them were not that great and had issues but this is by far the worst state I have seen a laptop being in and now I don't know if its just windows 8 or Acer but from what I have heard as a pretty hard-core gamer windows 8 is not to bad sooo, acer... I use windows 7 on all my systems and I will probably install it on my mums laptop.

Right now I am limited to what I can do, I cannot download any updates or such for that laptop at the momment It has recently been retorted to factory new or refresded because it would not start up. 

We are not sending it away to get fixed (What a waste of money), if it comes to it my mum will use my HP not ACER laptop while I use my computer. My laptop is what 4 years old? Still works fine compared to this Acer laptop.

Answers

• bradenm1
    Options

Oh, It's a hard-shutdown. No bluescreens nothings just powers off.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may check if your computer has the latest BIOS update installed. The latest BIOS update is V2.21 for Aspire E1-531
  • bradenm1
    Options

Is there a installed application to do this? That laptop is currently flat and I can't be bothered un-pluging a external harddrive to charge it, it's not like I am going to download this 200? MB update at the momemnt anyway.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

The BIOS update is only a 4MB file. This BIOS update is for Aspire E1-531.

Here's the weblink Download BIOS V2.21

Please keep the AC adapter plugged in during BIOS update.

After downloading the BIOS update, open the downloaded file and run the application file.
    The application file would prompt to extract > select extract All.
    Then open the extracted folder and run the application file to install the BIOS update.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• bradenm1
    Options

I was able to play games for longer then five minutes but still the end results was crashing.

• bradenm1
    Options

Anyone know the problem?