Keyboard removal on Aspire 4739Z-4659

Options
BontTick
BontTick Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi guys. I need some guidance on how to remove the keyboard on an Aspire 4739Z-4659. TIA.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

This guide is for complete disassembly so, skip ahead to the keyboard. You do not need to take out the screws on the bottom.

http://www.laptopinventory.com/LaptopInventory.php/Acer/Aspire/4739Z/Motherboard

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Acer cannot be held liable for damage resulting from improper installation of software and/or parts, or the installation of parts and/or software that were not supplied by Acer.
    Pleasedisconnect the AC adapter and battery before performing the below mentioned steps

Keyboard removal
    Press upward on the seven locking latches until the keyboard disengages andseparates from the system
    Turn the keyboard over so that the keypad is face down on the palm rest
    Disconnect keyboard FPC from mainboard connector  

Keyboard FPC (Flexible Printed Circuit) can be damaged if removed while

mainboard connector is locked

Keyboard Installation

Put the keyboard face down on the palm rest .

Connect keyboard FPC  to mainboard connector .
     Turn the keyboard over and align the keyboard with the indentation in the upper cover.
     Press down to secure the latches on the system. Refer to
     Install battery.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• BontTick
    Options
    Hi Phil. Thanks for trying. I found that too. It's just a generic tear down and doesn't apply to mine.
  • BontTick
    Options
    Hi Sharanji. This sounds promising. Do you know where the 7 latches are? And how do you "press upward"? Pressing has the implication of down. Thanks for your time and sorry to be a bother.
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If you look at the video above and advance to where he removes the keyboard, you can see exactly where the latches are.

All Sharanji did was spell out what the video shows you.