Is the processor I want to buy compatible for my motherboard?

Options
LegendOfBloop
LegendOfBloop Member Posts: 14 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi i have a acer (aspire E5-511 motherboard) i have a intel pentium qaud core 2.16GHz up to 2.58GHz 2MB cache. I want to install a processer that has at least 3.0 GHz and 4-6MB cache. Is there like a list on a website that tells you whats compatible with your motherboard. I asked some other people and they said i can install anything to this laptop. I hve 8GB of RAM 7.89 GB unsable.

I want to install a diffrent graphic card that is also compatible with the sockets of my mobo. I currently have Intel HD Graphics no 2000 3000 4000 etc.

I just want to mainly play Call of duty black ops 2 and league of legends with at least 60 fps with normal graphics (medium). People tell me to buy a new laptop but i just got this one and im saving up for an alienware for the next 4 years.

So can you guys tell me what processer is compatible for my mobo nd what graphics car is compatilble for my mobo.

If nothing is good for my mobo i can get another motherboard for my laptop but i dont know where to find one online i need you guys to show me the websites because i have no idea how to work the insides of a laptop.

Thanks.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,081 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Could you indicate me the exact model of your laptop?

I found models with Intel Pentium N3530 Quad-core (4 Core) 2.16 GHz.

In this case, the motherboard is:

NB.MPK11.001 - MAINBOARD E5-511 LF N3530 (it means the cpu is soldered)

France
  • LegendOfBloop
    LegendOfBloop Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Is there a way of taking out the motherboard and putting a new one in and installing a graphics card and CPU?

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

LegendOfBloop wrote:

Is there a way of taking out the motherboard and putting a new one in and installing a graphics card and CPU?

The CPU is soldered, or the graphics cpu is soldered ? I can understand the graphics cpu being

a part of the mb, but not the main processor.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,081 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello all,

@n2gc: I confirm the cpu is soldered. About graphic, it's intel HD Graphics.

@LegendOfBloop: It's not possible because the three MB models are equipped with a processor.

NB.MPK11.001 - Main BD Uma W/Cpu N3530 (yours)

NB.MPN11.001 - Main BD Uma W/Cpu N2830

NB.MPL11.001 - Main BD Uma W/Cpu N2930

France
  • n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

Well that sure renders things aschew. I don't know what motherboard one could use

to transform it to one that at least gives one the option of removing the main

CPU for service, etc, without de soldering it. I hate to say it, but it seems like

the easiest way would be to get a newer laptop.