Internet connectivity issues on aspire V

Options
ihaveanacer
ihaveanacer Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire 5, purchased in september of 2013. I seem to only be able to connect to the interenet when I am in extremely close proximity to my router 5-10 feet. However when I move into my own room about 20-30 feet away, I begin having issues. My laptop will often show it has 3 or 4 bars of connectivity, but says it cannot connect to the network. Occastionally it will connect, but when i try to use chrome or internet explorer they say they are not connected to the network. I should mention this only started happening yesterday, up until now my laptop has (usually) not had issues connecting to the internet in my apartment/room. furthermore other devices, my playstation and phone, connect to the internet without issue in my room. I have already tried downloading the LAN atheros update package from the support site, this seemed to work for about an hour and then I began getting the aforementioned errors again. any thoughts on what is happening? Could it be my wireless receiver is burned out somehow?

Answers