Installing 7 hangs at ( installing cleanup 43-44)?

Options
fws98ws6tt
fws98ws6tt Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

help please! Trying too install windows 7 ultimate using Acer recovery disk's,it's hanging up everytime at ( installing cleanup 43-44) can everyone help? It's a 8951G-9630 Acer aspire, thank you ????

Best Answer

• fws98ws6tt
    Answer ✓
    Options

this is from desktops and all in ones but this worked on my laptop a aspire 8951g-9630 , part of this persons reply  (  ironfly ) and this persons ( matrixlinx  ) this below is a quote from him, thank you both so much!!!

3 weeks ago

I tried this used Gparted and reformated the two partitions suggested and reinstalled it did not work for me. However there are two other options for people with this problem.

1 get a copy of your machines windows version (mine was windows 7 home premium) and install, your product key is on the bottom of your laptop and when prompted enter it.

2 If you are stuck and need to make this work do this, on the install screen where you are stuck at installing office 2010 (mine said 31 of 45). Push the WINDOWS button at the bootom you will see the task bar flash. You will see on the left next to the start buton two icons one is for the system prperation tool 3.14 in looks kind of like the old network icon two or three little boxes and one for Acer Gaia ALaunchX.

Now this flashes only very briefly so you have to be quick. Put your mouse over where the Acer Gaia Prep icon is press the windows key when you see it flash right click move the mouse up above close and hit pin it to the task bar. Thenpress the windows key again and move your mouse up and hit the close button. This is very tricky as you only have a brief moment to do all this press windows button see icon flash have mouse already over wher icon is and right click then quickly move mouse up and hit target (first you want to pin this to task bar(second up) then repeat and hit close(first option up)). This will stop the stuck install screen then you want click ok on the system preparation 3.14 tool it will run then reboot. repeat above mentioned process only this time Acer Gaia is already pinned so you only need to hit close to stop the stuck installing screen. Now right click on icon pinned to task bar for Acer Gaia hit properties to see the file path of Acer Gaia Alaunchx (in the acer OEM file on C:smileyhappy: and remove folder delete or move some where else this will stop it from relaunching every time you reboot. I tried un ticking

start up option thru comand configsys even though it was unticked it still fired on reboot so I moved folder to recycle bin and it rebooted fine. Good Luck you will need fast fingers good timeing and patience to do this. After i did this i reinstalled with an upgrade disk because I did not want the bloat ware from Gateway and did know if anything important was in 32 thru 45 of ended install program. If you came preloaded with office 2010 you would have needed to use the product id that came with paperwork from origional purchase so just download and install office 2010 insert product id  good to go!)                       

2 hours ago

Yes!! Thank you! I've been trying for 2 weeks to install the Acer recovery disk's and it kept hanging at 43 of 44 ( cleanup) and you're answer helped me fix it! Thank you so much! All I had to do was run the hiren's disk and all I had to do was catch the red dot or sorry that's the cats, no I had to pin the 3.14 program and did what you said and found the file that was causing the problem ( it was a file of bloatware called peload I just found it and deleted it and it run through!) thank you again ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐      (All of my children have 4 paws.)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i suggest you to create a bootable USB or CD media from Hiren's boot cd .iso
    http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
    unzip the zip file, burn the .iso file to CD or USB pen/external HDD
    then boot from the burned media and choose mini-xp from the options, once in the desktop, double click "command prompt"

then type
    diskpart
    then on diskpart type
    list disk
    take note of the correct disk ID to erase
    type
    select disk x
    (x is the ID of your HDD to erase)
    type
    clean
    type exit

shutdown Mini Xp

now boot from your recovery media

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • fws98ws6tt
    Options
    Thank you, I'll try that!
  • fws98ws6tt
    Answer ✓
    Options

this is from desktops and all in ones but this worked on my laptop a aspire 8951g-9630 , part of this persons reply  (  ironfly ) and this persons ( matrixlinx  ) this below is a quote from him, thank you both so much!!!

3 weeks ago

I tried this used Gparted and reformated the two partitions suggested and reinstalled it did not work for me. However there are two other options for people with this problem.

1 get a copy of your machines windows version (mine was windows 7 home premium) and install, your product key is on the bottom of your laptop and when prompted enter it.

2 If you are stuck and need to make this work do this, on the install screen where you are stuck at installing office 2010 (mine said 31 of 45). Push the WINDOWS button at the bootom you will see the task bar flash. You will see on the left next to the start buton two icons one is for the system prperation tool 3.14 in looks kind of like the old network icon two or three little boxes and one for Acer Gaia ALaunchX.

Now this flashes only very briefly so you have to be quick. Put your mouse over where the Acer Gaia Prep icon is press the windows key when you see it flash right click move the mouse up above close and hit pin it to the task bar. Thenpress the windows key again and move your mouse up and hit the close button. This is very tricky as you only have a brief moment to do all this press windows button see icon flash have mouse already over wher icon is and right click then quickly move mouse up and hit target (first you want to pin this to task bar(second up) then repeat and hit close(first option up)). This will stop the stuck install screen then you want click ok on the system preparation 3.14 tool it will run then reboot. repeat above mentioned process only this time Acer Gaia is already pinned so you only need to hit close to stop the stuck installing screen. Now right click on icon pinned to task bar for Acer Gaia hit properties to see the file path of Acer Gaia Alaunchx (in the acer OEM file on C:smileyhappy: and remove folder delete or move some where else this will stop it from relaunching every time you reboot. I tried un ticking

start up option thru comand configsys even though it was unticked it still fired on reboot so I moved folder to recycle bin and it rebooted fine. Good Luck you will need fast fingers good timeing and patience to do this. After i did this i reinstalled with an upgrade disk because I did not want the bloat ware from Gateway and did know if anything important was in 32 thru 45 of ended install program. If you came preloaded with office 2010 you would have needed to use the product id that came with paperwork from origional purchase so just download and install office 2010 insert product id  good to go!)                       

2 hours ago

Yes!! Thank you! I've been trying for 2 weeks to install the Acer recovery disk's and it kept hanging at 43 of 44 ( cleanup) and you're answer helped me fix it! Thank you so much! All I had to do was run the hiren's disk and all I had to do was catch the red dot or sorry that's the cats, no I had to pin the 3.14 program and did what you said and found the file that was causing the problem ( it was a file of bloatware called peload I just found it and deleted it and it run through!) thank you again ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐      (All of my children have 4 paws.)
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Goo to hear it. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.