Impossible to get drivers from Acer website?

Options
Motoman
Motoman Member Posts: 4 New User

So...I'd like to try to download drivers for my Aspire V5-123 laptop...but every time I go to the Acer website, and either provide the model name or the serial number to do the search, all I get is a little circle that spins for all eternity.  It never populates any drivers, or in fact does anything at all...other than spin it's little circle.

Have tried in Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer.  On Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.  Same result every time.

???

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Have you tried to clear the Java cache?

France
  • Motoman
    Motoman Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

No...but I did haul my laptop along with me this morning, and connected via wifi at the auto repair shop...downloading drivers now.

I stronlgy doubt that the java cache is any issue, granted that 2 different machines at home had the same problem.  However, I will point out that the internet connection at home is satellite...

So now my question is why does *every* other website in the world work except yours when connected via satellite?

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

"*every* other website in the world work except yours when connected via satellite?"

I'm not an Acer employee.

Sometimes I've the same issue with others websites and it's due to my "web access provider" (blocked data). 

France