Impossible to find repair status. called 4x on hold 30 min. Received laptop 4 days ago. no update

Options
ks
ks Member Posts: 3 New User

I sent my brand new laptop  to Texas for a repair. Email confirmation only says received. I have called 4 x and on hold for up to 30 min before giving up. The online status only says Received from 4 days ago. I just want to know if and when it is ever going to be repaired and sent back to me

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Repair and Return Information:

6. How long will it take to repair my computer?

We strive to have your product repaired and returned within 7 to 10 Business Days from the time we receive it. Factors such as part availability, repair times, and shipping issues may affect the time frame for repair.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-repairs#Q6

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

Repair and Return Information:

6. How long will it take to repair my computer?

We strive to have your product repaired and returned within 7 to 10 Business Days from the time we receive it. Factors such as part availability, repair times, and shipping issues may affect the time frame for repair.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-repairs#Q6

• ks
    Options
    This is a long time. I just bought it and the store refused to exchange it saying it needs to be sent to a repair center. With shipping time We are looking at 2-3 weeks? I use a laptop everyday and wish I had bought another brand now
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi ks,

Sorry that you're having to send the device in. Hopefully we get this addressed quickly for you and it's taken care of. I actually was able to find your account based on some registration information here. I do show it with our repair tech's now and I've asked for a more detailed update from them.

As philetus stated, our normal turn around time is 7-10 days once we receive it. That is to repair, ship and have it back in your hands. I've asked the repair center to expedite where we can (in terms of outbound shipping and handling of your device). I'll provide an update as soon as I get some more information.

You can also find the status of your repair online here: http://customercare.acer.com/customercare/CaseStatus.aspx

Thanks,
    Cory

• ks
    Options

Acer sent my laptop 2 day priority with repairs made and it is working perfectly. Thank you for the prompt replies and the speedy return. I appreciate the professional way in which the issue was resolved.

• philetus
    Options

I'm glad you got it fixed. 

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Excellent I hadn't had a chance to get an update today and this popped in. I'm glad everythings working and I appreciate you coming back sharing.