ICONIA 6120 and Windows 10.

Options
ThomFrost
ThomFrost Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a ICONIA 6120 and I am interested in upgrading to Windows 10.
I have Windows 10 installed (Preview build 10074 which is the most current build as of this post), with out issue and everything but the virtual keyboard works.
When I try to use the virtual keyboard it does not work.
Even though the keyboard shows touching it or using the virtual mouse pad does not work.

Will Acer provide updated drivers or support for Windows 10?
I ran Windows update and Acers update and it is compleately updated but no working virtual keyboard and touch pad.
I know i can use the Windows virtual keyboard but I like Acers because it has the virtual touch pad as well.
Does anyone know of a work around or something I am missing, or do I need to just go back to Windows 7 and stay there?
I looked in the drivers support page and all it shows is Windows 7 drivers and software.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• roly_p
    roly_p Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Managed to upgrade from pre-installed Windows 7 to Windows 10 first public release (build 10240) and everything worked well. However it has just auto-updated to Windows 10 Build 10586 (a full new version) and the lower screen now reflects it's touches on the top screen and is unusable apart from display-only activity. So if you haven't already installed Win 10, it might be worth waiting, as you will get the new build now. If you have but it has not yet updated you may want to switch to manual update and identify the update and hide it before it can install.