I've only had my laptop for 4 days (e5-571) & the wifi has been constantly connecting& disco

Options
AneesahA
AneesahA Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

For the past 2 days, my new acer e5-571 laptop keeps losing wifi connectivity- it was working perfectly fine at first. This usually happens when im attempting to download an autocad software (revit- which is the main reason i bought this laptop) or I'm streaming videos. its extremely frustrating. If already tried the suggested solutions on this website and other sites, such as changing the power saving options. None of them have made a difference. Smiley Sad

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

What I did was install Wifi Analyzer on my phone and looked at the channels around me. The channel I was on must be the default channel for a lot of routers because it was crowded.Then I changed the channel on my router to a less crowded channel.

Other than that all I can offer is all the usual suggestions and maybe get a better router.

• AneesahA
    AneesahA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

At first i thought it might have been the router but all my other devices connected to it are working perfectly fine. 

I guess if this persists i will return the laptop. Smiley Mad

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

This is an older driver, but it may work.Uninstall your current driver in Device Manager and unzip and install this one.If it doesn't do the trick, I also included the current driver for the e5-571.

http://downdrivers.com/down-driver-acer-aspire-e1-471-atheros-wlan-driver-10.0.0.217.v3-for-windows-8-x64.html

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver10.0.0.285237.8 MB2014/10/24Download