I think I've really messed up... (Aspire 7739G)

Options
tayyy
tayyy Member Posts: 9 New User

So, recently my computer popped up with a "Get Windows 10" update. I went a head and upgraded and everything worked perfect. Yay, Windows 10! I decided I might as well do a reformat just so I could start from scratch and experience Windows 10 as a brand new user, except I discovered that wasn't the case. I'm now stuck in an endless loop with the error reading "INACESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE" I am unable to access Windows at all, from my knowledge and upon checking the Acer website apparently my device isn't supported.

I have school in a month, and I need to figure out a way to get Windows working again.

Thank you for your time.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

So you formatted your HDD and now you are not able to install windows 10?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tayyy
    Options

I did a reformat from WIndows 10 itself, when it boots it shows the Windows 10 logo, loads for about 1-2 mins, then gives that error.

• IronFly
    Options

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

download the iso file and create a bootable USB flash drive or DVD and use this to install windows 10 from scratch.

• tayyy
    Options

Microsoft support said that it was a manufacture issue and doing that wouldn't change anything as it has to do with boot settings or something they said.

• IronFly
    Options

Probably something messed up during windows 10 reset, so it's better if you really format or better clean your HDD and re-install from the official image.

if you want to try boot settings, press F12 at boot and select Windows boot manager or HDD and check if it boots.....if not something went wrong on partitions or file copy.

• tayyy
    Options

Are there anyways to clean the partitions with the state my computer is in? I can only access the Setup Utility and the Boot Settings, I don't really have a way to download an ISO either because I don't have a device for it now.

• IronFly
    Options

setup utility...what do you mean?

• tayyy
    Options

The Boot Manager only has these options..

HDD0: TOSHIBA

ATAPI CDROM: Slimtype DVD A

Network Boot: Atheros

USB HDD: Linux File-CD Gaget

and I mean the F2 menu or whatever, that gives you other settings.

• IronFly
    Options

F2 is BIOS setup

F12 is boot setup

no one will helps you, since the HDD is already the first boot setup and if it gives you that error, something is wrong on boot partition.

the Linux file-CD gaget....are you using it now to read forum?

• tayyy
    Options

i am using my friends tablet which is a windows rt device (cant use .exe files)

• IronFly
    Options

ok, unplug that USB Linux and try to boot, i highly doubt it will boot but worth a try.

if you press ALT+F10, are you able to enter Acer erecovery?

• tayyy
    Options

yes that worked! im currently doing a factory reset, im just not sure what will happen because the windows 10 update said it will be impossible to rollback to windows 7

• IronFly
    Options

Probably windows 10 didn't complete the whole process and you still have the Acer erecovery partition intact.

• tayyy
    Options

anyway to correct it? should i delete the partition before doing the update

• IronFly
    Options

Nope.

windows 10 will install even with Acer erecovery partition, i would try again and unplug all devices from USB.

• tayyy
    Options

the recovery restored it to windows 7, now i have to sit through the 40 bloatware installs Smiley Sad

• IronFly
    Options

patience is a virtue. Smiley Happy