I sent back an Acer Aspire laptop nearly 4 mo. ago

Options
jacquiree
jacquiree Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I sent back an Acer Aspire laptop nearly 4 mo. ago & have gotten the royal goat-rope run around. First off, the computer was not even 1 yr. old but had ONLY been in use 3+ wks.(because I spent MOST of the yr. in the hospital w/accute pancreatic disease issues or gall bladder--which as finally removed)! Was told would have to re-furbish rather than replace (nearly $1200 for a RE-FURBISHED computer). Was told it would take 1 mo. to re-furbish. Six wks. later, still no computer so called & got conflicting stories from 'it's not quite ready', 'just got shipped', 'no record that you even purchased an Acer, much less sent one in to be re-furbished'. The conflicting stories have continued even w/talking allegedly to supervisors until a few wks. ago at which time the story changed to 'it will be shipped today'. However, when we've called back (every 2-3 days for a confirmation #),the computer still HASN'T been shipped AND we get the same old story that 'it's being shipped today'! Has ANYONE had ANY problems similar to ours or are we just an isolated case? REALLY Ticked offed in lower Al.!

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,577 Trailblazer
    Options

What ACER model number and the factory-installed Windows version? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We are sorry this happened to you.

These systems are handled through the Acer Recertified store, which is not directly part of Acer. You would need to contact them. See the info below.

Refurb RMA and support should go to PlanITROI, the contact details are: 
    Phone 1-844-433-8476 
    Email: Service@AcerRecertified.com 
    8:00 am to 5:00 pm M-F, EST time-zone

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.