I ran Kaspersky rescue to disc and susessfully but now cant get my Acer Aspire laptop to boot

Options
ColsonKoltz
ColsonKoltz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
I ran Kaspersky rescue to disc and susessfully removed some adware. To get my Acer Aspire laptop to boot from the Kaspersky cd I had to change to boot prioroty in Windows 8. Afer running the Kaspersky disc, I rebooted and found my laptop would not boot up (cannot find) Windows - and it will now only boot from the cd/dvd ROM. It has been week and I cannot use boot to Windows. What I see when I start my laptop is: "Realtek PCIe GBE Family PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cables PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM. No bootable device" It will boot when I insert "Ultimate Boot CD." Can I use the Ultimate Boot CD to reset to the boot order or point my laptop to Windows 8? Thanks!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Boot to BIOS pressing F2, check if your HDD is still listed on Sata ports.

if listed, go to EXIT and choose "load defaults and save on exit", then try to boot from HDD again.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

Boot to BIOS pressing F2, check if your HDD is still listed on Sata ports.

if listed, go to EXIT and choose "load defaults and save on exit", then try to boot from HDD again.

• ColsonKoltz
    ColsonKoltz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It worked! @ IronFly - I owe you a million thanks. I was extremely stressed this laptop would never boot again. Thank you!
  • IronFly
    Options

one thanks is enough Smiley Happy , you welcome.