I'm looking for an Optical Drive for an E5-571/E5-531 Model Z5WAH?

Options
aflownes
aflownes Member Posts: 4 New User

I would like to know if anyone has found a drive that will fit this laptop. I have the sata/pwr connector inside the laptop and a dummy slide-in. What all will I need in order to install it once I get it? There is only one screw that is loacted toward the middle of the laptops bottom and I have not seen a cd/dvd drive with this kind of orientation where a screw-hole(to secure it) is located near the sata/pwr connector, so I am assuming that I will need some kind of bracket(s)?  

Any installation advice would also be helpful, although, I am not tech-speak savvy so any plain-speak would be appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

I understand you'd like to have a DVD Drive, the best suggested to use a External USB DVD Drive, which would be plug n play, does not require any installation,. you may get it from any store & would also be compact,.
  • aflownes
    aflownes Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Yeah, I kinda want it to be internal since I have an open bay. I have looked at the external drives but I really don't want it to be another additional thing to drag around with everything else. Had I realized at the time I made the purchase that it did not have the optical I would have changed my mind and gotten something else, but since I am used to it now I would like to just get a drive that fits.

• Mechtician
    Mechtician Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Check this thread in the Acer community for a similar question, with several answers & part numbers. Any laptop-sized SATA drive will work, the form factor and connector are standardized, but you will need to purchase a bezel from Acer or find one on eBay in order to have the drive fit properly.

Apparently there is also a hard drive caddy that fits in the drive bay, but I haven't been able to find the part number. I'll keep you in the loop Smiley Happy