I just opened the box and the trackpad doesn't seem to work.

ElNM
ElNM Member Posts: 1 New User

My new Aspire V15 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R45UFUY/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) arrived today. I opened the box, put the battery in, and plugged it into an outlet, just like the sheet of paper said. When it got to the screen where it asks you your country, language, keyboard layout, and time zone, I tried to change the time zone. I couldn't click. The trackpad doesn't work. It moves the cursor around, but most of the time when I try to click (either by pressing down or tapping), it doesn't click. If it does click, nothing happens, and it doesn't feel like a normal pressure click on a laptop's trackpad. When I try to click again in the same place, it won't click.  I almost returned it to amazon a few minutes ago, but I figured that it was more likely that I am doing something wrong rather than there being something wrong with the laptop.

I was really looking forward to getting this laptop... When I tried to play video games on my Macbook Air, it heated up so much in the first minute or so that it was almost painful to touch the keys. 

Answers