I just got an Acer Aspire ES1-711 cant figure out how to open the battery compartment.

Options
bigbear639
bigbear639 Member Posts: 33 New User

All I see are screws, no unlock.also what battery does it use, no listings in search. I also have a problem removing the Sign in Log On. I followed all the Instructions frm a Tech because I was locked out, but I still need to log in and that is a really long alphanumeric Password. and sory I can not get the Numbers lock to stay on when restarting the Computer. I have 2 other Acer Aspires Notebooks and no problem with them. Had a tough time loging in, Acer would not recognice my email address, now have a Gmail forAcer Home and Hotmail for here.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    This model is shipped with a internal power smart battery that does not have a external battery unlock latch to remove it.

To Automatically Logon To Windows
    Open Run from the Apps screen, using WIN+R  and then type the following command in the text box:
    netplwiz
    Tap or click on the OK button. The Advanced User Accounts program will open.
    On the Users tab,  uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    Click the OK button at the bottom of the window. 
    When the Automatically sign in box appears, enter the user name you wish to automatically login to Windows 8 with.
    In the Password and Confirm Password fields, enter the password you sign in to Windows 8 with.
    Click the OK button.
    The Automatically sign in window, as well as the User Accounts window, will now close.
    Restart your computer and make sure that Windows 8 automatically logs you in

To enable Numlock at startup.
    I would strongly recommended taking a backup of the registry and/or create a system restore point first. Having done that, follow these steps:
    Press Win + R and type in Regedit
    Navigate to registry key HKEY_USERS\Default\Control Panel\Keyboard
    Right click on the “InitialKeyboardIndicators”, select Modify and change Value data to 2.
    Exit Registry.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• bigbear639
    Options

Thank You I will try your suggestions in a day or two when I get more time. Just one more thing, can that battery be replaced if neccessary or is it supposed to last for years?

Thanks

• bigbear639
    Options

Password Logon fix did not work. I am contacting Acer to see if I can have them help. I will then reset the Numbers lock as you suggested. Thanks  

• bigbear639
    Options

Have to reset the Computer to Factory specs and spend another 12 hours reinstalling everything, rhen they want me to buy an extended warranty. Thanks for your help will fill you in when I am done, will take 4 hours to reset it.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Yes, you have the option to replace the battery if it get's defective.