I have the Acer AO532h. Charging/Battery BIG PROBLEM!

Options
jlantho
jlantho Member Posts: 1 New User

I hve the Acer AO532h. I have been having issues with the battery and charger since I bought the notebook. It would always charge to a little over 80% and was fine if I kept it plugged in. Here recently it stopped wanting to charge all together. I bought a new charger, thinking that was the issue, and obviously it is not since now the blue battery light will not even blink when I try to Power on. I have taken it to two local shops and they seemed to not even want to take the time to help me figure the problem out and told me to go to Walmart and buy a universal AC Adapter ($50) or just buy a new laptop while I was there because there is no fixing my problem. For one I do not have the time or money for all that and two i am tired of gettng the run around about this problem. I want to know how I can truly tell if the battery is dead and if I actually CAN fix this whole issue myself. I am so frazzled about this because it is my main home computer and I have Online classes I am in and I need my laptop. Can someone please help?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi jlantho

Your battery may need calibrating. Sometimes this can lead to Windows giving false battery readings.

See here on how to do so.