I have bought an Acer Aspire laptop and can't get my headset to work well with it.

Options
GeKKo
GeKKo Member Posts: 21 New User

So, I have an Acer Aspire V 15 (V3-572G-53PG) laptop and a Logitech headset and since there is only one space for jack plug, I bought a converter to be able to use the microphone part of it as well, but for some reason only the sound part works when I plug in. Any suggestions how can I solve this? Thanks Smiley HappyConverter

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

You need a 4 pin jack/ adapter like this one.

71DzXWhxoQL._SL1500_.jpg

• GeKKo
    Options

Thanks for the quick answer Philetus, but could you please tell me how does that adapter differ from my one? Thanks

• philetus
    Options

4 pin/ 4 conductor jack

71DzXWhxoQL._SL1500_.jpg

• GeKKo
    Options

My one looks pretty similar to that one:

20150108_200611.jpg

• philetus
    Options

Sure does. That one is supposed to work.Strange.

• GeKKo
    Options

I've tried using it with skype and curse voice as well but for some reason it doesn't even get registered in the menu where I can choose which microphone I'd like to use. Don't I need like some kind of software or something to use it with? I have windows 8.1.

• philetus
    Options

That's the problem right there, Windows 8.1. Have you tried this 2014 driver?

AudioRealtekAudio Driver6.0.1.7300386.9 MB2014/11/03Download

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

As Philetus said, update your drivers then i will give a check to Realtek sound control (look for Realtek icon on Control Panel and check for any external jack function)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • GeKKo
    Options

I've got my Mic working, but now the built-in mic doesn't work because when it made me chose whether I want to use the connected headset as a headset,headphone etc. I ticked the box to not show me the conversation again. How can I roll it back to be able to choose again? For some reason the realtek manager isn't showing up and I can't even find it anywhere. Thanks for your help so far and I hope I'm not disturbing you too much Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

right click on the speaker icon near date & clock, select recording devices, a new window will appear with your recording devices, if you right click them, you can choose the default.

• GeKKo
    Options

Thanks for both of you Smiley Happy It works perfectly now.

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy