I have an emachines E627 laptop. Does anyone know how to turn on the microphone in the webcam?

computerwhiznot
computerwhiznot Member Posts: 3 New User

I bought my laptop in year 2010.  The microphone in my webcam has never worked.  I have spent hours trying to turn it on.  Please help if you can.  Thanks.

Answers

• TwelveTone
    TwelveTone Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I cannot confirm it since I don't have an eMachines computer, but I found these instructions that might help.

1. Open control panel
    2. Open the Sound in control panel
    3. Go to the Recording tab
    4. Right click anywhere in the blank white area of the window to display the show disabled devices context menu
    5. Click on "Show disabled devices" (See below)
    6. Once your microphone is visible, right click on it and be if not already ticked, click on "Enable" - this should get your microphone working.

The device (microphone) you need to enable is called "Stereo Mix".

HTH

• computerwhiznot

TwelveTone thank you so much for the information you provided!  I went through the steps but the webcam microphone still doesn't work.  Today I might ask the store where I bought my laptop if they can help.  I really appreciate your response.

• computerwhiznot

Today I went back to the store where I originally purchased my emachines E627 laptop computer.  They confirmed that the laptop does not have an internal microphone for the web cam.  This should have been disclosed on the box and/or computer.