I have an aspire 7750-6669 laptop and just upgraded to Windows 10. Now I get the error message "the

Grumpytig
Grumpytig Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an aspire 7750-6669 laptop and just upgraded to Windows 10, from Windows 7 Home Premium( or Premiere) yesterday. I got the error message that the Dolby Advanced Audio™ v2 was not working. I went to the drivers listed under my product, aspire 7750, and reinstalled the Windows 8 audio file, because no option for Windows 10 was there. It still didn't work. So then I went to the Realtek website and downloaded the driver for Windows 10. 

I now get the error message "the current Dolby audio driver is version 7.2.8000.17 and the software application expects driver version 7.2.7000.7. Please install a valid driver and software application combination."

Any suggestions on how to fix this error message so that I have the correct Dobly audio driver? 

I would appreciate any help - otherwise I guess I'll go to my previous Windows version. Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer

Check device manager for any warnings or errors. If you find the audio problem in Device Manager you can try to let Windows search your hard drive and the internet for the correct or updated driver.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ