I have an aspire 5517 that will not boot up, power light comes on but nothing else happens.

tmcollins1965
tmcollins1965 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have an aspire 5517 that will not boot up the power light comes on but nothing else happens.  I've tried attaching an external monitor but it still won't work.  All my stuff is on this computer and I need to at least back it up. Help!!!

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi..

You may try removing the battery , then connecting only the AC adapter power ON the computer and check if your are able to boot the computer.

In order to back up the data take the hard drive off the computer and slave boot it with another computer and you will then be able to transfer the files from your computer's hard disk to another one.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi..

You may try removing the battery , then connecting only the AC adapter power ON the computer and check if your are able to boot the computer.

In order to back up the data take the hard drive off the computer and slave boot it with another computer and you will then be able to transfer the files from your computer's hard disk to another one.

• tmcollins1965

Thanks for the suggestion regarding removing the battery...however it still will not come up.  Any other ideas?

• mxwannabe
    mxwannabe Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey, Im having siilar problems with my 5517. I noticed that your post says solved but there is no explanation of the solution. What worked?

• tmcollins1965
    I don't know why it says solved because it still isn't working. I tried removing the battery as sharanji suggested but it still won't work. This sucks cause all my personal stuff is on this computer and the computer guy I bought it from passed away a few weeks ago so now I have no one to help me. Smiley Sad