I have an acer aspire 5310 and was wondering how get it to stop configuring updates and switch on?

Options
danimay010
danimay010 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi there,

I have had my laptop for many years and have get it in good condition. I have another laptop but keep this one as it has stuff still on it so I don't use it very often. When I went to switch it on it will not fully load. It continually starts, loads and then goes to the message of 'configuring updates: stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete. Do not turn off computer'. After about 5 minutes it restarts itself and then repeats the process. It never fully loads to the homepage. I was wondering if anybody knew why this was happening and if there is a way to stop this and fix it please?

I really don't want to lose the things I have on the computer so hoping I can fix it, any help would be much appreciated.

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi...

It seems to be an issue happened after Windows updates. The OS files are seem to be corrupted. In this case, you may try the instructions in this LINK

if it does not work, you will need to perform reset the laptop to factory settings.

Turn off the laptop.

Locate the keys - Alt (to the left of the space bar) and F10 (on the top row of keyboard).

Turn on the laptop.
    As soon as the laptop restarts, press and hold the Alt key and then keep tapping the F10 key.

Select the keyboard layout.

Select Troubleshoot, then select Advanced options.

The computer restarts now and the 'Choose an option screen' will appear.

Select Troubleshoot. Click Next.
    Then select 'Reset your PC'. Click Next.

The computer will reboot and begin preparing to Reset the PC.
    On the next screen, select Fully clean the drive and then click Reset.

Note: There will be data loss, make sure you backup data before perform reset.

If my answer helped, click on KUDOS.