I have an Acer aspire 7720 laptop and the screen went weird one day.

PaulHeard
PaulHeard Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Firstly, this is the worst navigable forum I have ever encountered in 35 years of computing.  I have no idea if my question relates to this "board" but I'll give it a try, perhaps someone can direct me to a "board" that is relevant. 

I have an Acer Aspire 7720 laptop that one day whilst trying to play "Oblivion" on the highest graphics settings went "weird in the screen".  The image disappeared, the screen went kinda milky, and changed slowly from one mess to another.  I opened the laptop up and found that the heatsinks and fan were full of dust, I cleaned that out but it seemed that the damage had already been done (this was 5 years ago).   I tried using an external monitor but that didn't work.  I tried removing the old paste and rebedding the CPU and graphics card in nice cool Arctic5 but that didn't work.  I'm guessing the graphics card has "gone wrong" (burnt to death by my dust) and needs to be replaced.  So, in essence, my question is - does anyone know where I can buy a replacement graphics card FROM ACER.  The Acer shop on this site has nothing over one week old! - with no "Help my old laptop has died - NEED PARTS" option.  I could try Ebay but you know as well as I do that MY graphics card looks FINE on the outside.  Oh yes forgot - ?

Answers