I have an Acer Aspire 5542. Since I got Windows 10 MyWinLocker Yo-Safe won't open.

wclarke63
wclarke63 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2018 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5542.  It came with Windows 7, and had MyWinLocker Yo-Safe pre-installed.  Since I upgraded to Windows 10 MyWinLocker Yo-Safe won't open.  After I enter my password in the MyWinLocker Yo-Safe window it says Yo-Safe is open in a little pop-up window on the lower right of the screen, but Yo-Safe doesn't show up on the This PC window, and the mouse-over of the tray icon still says it's closed.

Best Answer

• wclarke63
    Answer ✓

I found the answer: open a command prompt as admin and type in: sc start mwlservice

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Do you have important stuff in it? 

• wclarke63

Yes.  Otherwise I wouldn't bother with trying to find a solution.  I doubt that anyone keeps anything unimportant in their secure encrypted files.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You can try this and see if reinstalling it will fix it, if it's really there to download.

http://mywinlocker.soft32.com/free-download/

I'm guessing you have good anti-virus and anti-malware.

It may be it's just not going to work in Windows 10.

• wclarke63
    Answer ✓

I found the answer: open a command prompt as admin and type in: sc start mwlservice

• Newent
    Newent Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have just discovered that I have the same issue with Yo-Safe and Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5740, however when I enter 'sc start mwlservice' into Windows Powershell (Admin) or Windows Powershell, nothing happens and I have not been able to get to my files.

Can anyone help?
  • Newent
    Newent Member Posts: 2 New User
    Problem solved!  Right-click on start menu (Windows logo in bottom left corner of screen) > select Computer Management > select Services and Applications > select Services > select MyWinLocker Service from list > double left-click to open 'control' box > select General > select Start under Service Status > select Startup Type as Automatic if you want  > open the MyWinLocker app as normal (should appear under EgisTec in main list of apps/programs) > select Open Yo-Safe > enter password as normal > Windows File Explorer should open up and show the Yo-Safe virtual drive with your stuff in it.  Given how old this program is I recommend moving your files somewhere else.
  • Eskimo449
    Eskimo449 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

• Eskimo449
    Eskimo449 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I found the program on download.cnet.com. Will try to install it on my Win10 PC. I did a image of the drive befor reformatrting it from Win 7 to Win 10, where is the data file so I can restore it?