I have an Acer 8920G Intel T7500@2.20GHz running win 7 64 bit.

Options
jbros
jbros Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Acer 8920G Intel T7500@2.20GHz running win 7 64 bit., with Win 7 Home Premium can I increase my memory to say 8 or 12 GB on this Intel Dual Core? 

Answers

• trettet
    trettet Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Options

run CPU-z on this Laptop and see if there are available RAM Slots..if it does then it can be...I'd suggest doubling the RAM(two 8GB ram modules), by using exact RAM Module Model so the laptop can run it in dual channel mode which will make the RAM Upgrade more worth it because it is MUCH FASTER!

If you don't care about RAM Speeds but more to capacity, then all you need is a vacant slot.

• jbros
    Options

Yes I do have CPU-Z and ran it earlier with a view to ensure that the machine will support Win 10 and it will.  There are two slots with 2 GB currently in each.  So I should grab two identical 8 GB DDR2's and should be great then.  Thanks so much for the feedback and solution.

• trettet
    trettet Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Options

please do confirm with Acer (via CHAT) if the BIOS, MOBO & CPU will support the RAM you will buy. Because DDR2 Ram with such capacities are only limited to work on certain systems.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,091 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello jbros,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • jbros
    Options

Hi yes here is the SN LXAP50X375 first ten digits.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello jbros,

Your laptop is an Aspire 8920-6257. It supports up to 4Gb - DDR2- 667MHz (2x2Gb). You have already the maximum.

France
  • jbros
    Options

Laurent tres bien y merci, but what the limiting fsctor if I may ask.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

The memory is managed by the chipset. In your case, it's a Mobile Intel PM965 Express Chipset.

France