I have a acer 7750G laptop with a defected motherboard and need to replace it

Vivien1988
Vivien1988 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a acer 7750G laptop with a defected motherboard and need to replace it,but when I search this motherboard, I find one with similar model which is 7551G. Is there anyone who can tell me their difference.

And if I would like to order a motherboard for my laptop, what should I care?

Attached with the pictures of my motherboard and two links for motherboards I have found.

https://www.empowerlaptop.com/p/acer-7750_7750g-motherboard/

https://www.empowerlaptop.com/p/acer-7551g-motherboard/7750G-1.JPG7750G-1.JPG

Answers

• Hello,

1. Here are the part numbers of the original motherboards for the Aspire 7750G series:
      Spoiler
      MB.BYQ02.001MAIN BD.ENLS11HR.1G
      MB.BYR02.001MAIN BD.ENLS11HR
      MB.BYV02.001MAIN BD.ENLS11HR.USB3.0
      MB.BYW02.001MAIN BD.ENLS11HR.USB3.0
      MB.RB102.001MAIN BD.DIS.GRANVILLE.4DIMM
      MB.RB102.002MAIN BD.DIS.GRANVILLE.4DIMM.B3
      MB.RCW02.001MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER..2GB.2DIMM
      MB.RCW02.002MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER..2GB.2DIMM
      MB.RCX02.001MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER.2GB.4DIMM
      MB.RCX02.002MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER.2GB.4DIMM
      MB.RCY02.002MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER.1GB.B3
      MB.RCZ02.001MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER.1GB.2DIMM
      MB.RCZ02.002MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER.1GB.2DIMM
      MB.RH902.001MAIN BD.GRANVILLE.1G.4DIMM.DIS
      MB.RK002.002MAIN BD.W/O.CPU.W.DC-IN.LF
      MB.RMK02.001MAIN BD.AS7750G.2G.DIS.WHISTLER
      MB.RML02.001MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER
      MB.RMM02.001MAIN BD.AS7750ZG.DIS.WHISTLER
      MB.RMN02.001MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER.1G
      MB.RNA02.001MAIN BD.AS7750G.DIS.GRANVILE
    2. There is a white sticker located near the dimm slots. You'll find a string of characters under the barcode. The first ten are the part number. E.g. MBBYQ02001...
    3. If you use the version pre-installed of Windows, you have to buy it from Acer.
      About Windows OEM license:
      Spoiler
      "Generally, an end user can upgrade or replace all of the hardware components on a computer—except the motherboard—and still retain the license for the original Microsoft OEM operating system software. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created. Microsoft OEM operating system software cannot be transferred to the new computer, and the license of new operating system software is required. If the motherboard is replaced because it is defective, you do not need to acquire a new operating system license for the PC as long as the replacement motherboard is the same make/model or the same manufacturer's replacement/equivalent, as defined by the manufacturer's warranty.

The reason for this licensing rule primarily relates to the Microsoft Software License Terms and the support of the software covered by those terms. The Microsoft Software License Terms are a set of usage rights granted to the end user by the PC manufacturer, and relate only to rights for that software as installed on that particular PC. The system builder is required to support the software on the original PC. Understanding that end users, over time, upgrade their PCs with different components, Microsoft needed to have one base component "left standing" that would still define the original PC. Since the motherboard contains the CPU and is the "heart and soul" of the PC, when the motherboard is replaced (for reasons other than defect) a new PC is essentially created. The original system builder did not manufacture this new PC, and therefore cannot be expected to support it."
    4. Unfortunately this seller doesn't give the Acer part number but the PCB part number so it's difficult to recognize it.
    5. As I can see, the size of the 7551G is different so may be not "compatible".
    France